Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Self introduction - Hannah

1. Hometown:
Hi everybody, I'm Hannah, coming from Beijing, which is the capital of China as well as the center of political, culture and education. Furthermore, Beijing is one of the most representative city with a long history. With the constantly developments since the Reform and Open in 1978 which was conducted by Deng Xiaoping, China becomes prosperous day by day. Today's China, is a perfect combination of past and present. Why would i say that? The ancient architectures are well preserved, the high tech doesn't stop their steps toward developed as well. All of the elements appeal billions of foreign tourists coming to China every year. You must hear about The Forbidden City and The Great Wall. don't you?
Besides, China is the heaven of food. As an old saying goes: Food is the paramount necessity of the people. Well prepared meals are one of the most significant things during each single day in Chinese people. Kung Pao Chicken, Orange Chicken, Hot pot, Peking duck as well as sugar-coated haws on a stick. Whatever the main dishes or the later desserts, Chinese do their best. It's totally the fabulous enjoyment of taste!

2. English Learning Background: 
I have been studying English since primary school. I got 6 in my IELTS test. For my personal condition, my weaknesses are grammar and reading, while i am pretty good at oral expressing. In the following weeks in UCR extension, i will definitely work on my weaknesses, making my strong points even better. Hoping i could get a obvious achievements with the help of professors.
3. Academic Interest:  
I major in hospitality institute. Why would i select my major? I really into the elegant environment in fancy hotel. People who works there will have a better temperament and better quality. I'm here for PGDM which means i will have 6 months classes and 3 months unpaid internship. The internship is my most exciting part! I really looking forward to work in local so that i can learn something authentically which is impossible to learn from books!
4. Future Plans:  
I want to work as a HR staff in hotel. Because i used to work at The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing as an English Trainer. You know that, basic stuff for waiters, waitress and housekeeping attendants. I really enjoy the feeling of teaching other people with my patient! I would be really proud and happy when i see their improvements and the confident smile on their face. Because they are not shy any more to speak to foreign guests like before! They dare to speak out now! The feeling of teacher is amazing,don't you feel that?
5. Hobbies:  
I am a crazy fun of shooting! I have my own single-lens reflex camera - 60d. Although it is not the expensive one, i regard it as my favorite baby as well. My best friend Ma is a model, we knew each other more than ten years, really going back a long way! We share sorrow and joy together, nothing could replace our life long friendship! Since you know my hobby and my friend's occupation, you must know what i will type in the following words. We travel together twice a year. Bangkok, Chiengmai, Lijiang, Xishuangbanna, and the most beautiful beach in China. We left our steps everywhere we went, also the fabulous moments were recorded by my camera. The feeling of the cooperation between me and her is more than i can express in words.I love my friend, i love travel all over the world, i love photograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment